Rock Solid Jeep Club has constructed a perimeter fence up and erected the basic structure of the new pavilion inside of Windrock Park as part of an SFWDA Grant Project Award Recipient.
Viewing entries by
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
Our latest list of proud supporting business partners offering discounts for
active SFWDA Individual Members
Official Announcement of our 29th annual Dixie Run, September 24-27, 2015, Golden Mountain Park,Sparta Tennessee
Our 29th annual Dixie Run will be held September 24-27, 2015 at Golden Mountain Park in Sparta Tennessee again. Be sure to mark your calendars now and join us to take part of this legacy event.
Everyone in SFWDA should know about a recent program launched at Extreme
Terrain which strives to give back to the off-road/OHV community. They contacted us to share and promote this among our association members. The "Clean
Trail Grant Program" will provide a $350 grant and trash bags to eligible
clubs/organizations to be used towards a trail improvement or a cleanup
project. Most of us in SFWDA clubs are already meeting the requirements and this grant money could be used for a variety of things like a new group chainsaw, a big ole' lunch spread lunch on the trail for volunteers, or whatever else would help to facilitate a successful trail conservation or cleanup project.
In order to be considered, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Organize or belong to a Wrangler/4x4 group/club with more than 5 members
- Own or work at a private or public off-road park
(Individual Club delegates just need approval from park ownership)
- Organize or belong to an OHV Organization with more than 5 members
- Proof of your affiliation with organization/club/park
- Must provide digital photo of trail improvement project
Action shots of volunteers preferred!
- Completion of application form
- Organization's are eligible once per year up to two years
- Sign the eligibility waiver
Grant should be used for the following:
- Tools needed for trail cleaning/restoration/expansion
- Food and non-alcoholic beverage for all volunteers
- Promotional materials used to attract volunteers
- Miscellaneous trail improvement expenses
It's pretty straight forward and easy to apply. Follow the link to Extremeterrain.com below to sign up.
$350 Grant Sign-up:
Off Road Business Association BOD Chairman, Greg Adler president/CEO of Transamerica Auto Parts, and Fred Wiley, President/CEO of the Off-Road Business Association, recently met with the U.S. House of Representative Speaker John Boehner and local House member David Valadao (21st district CA) to discuss the Off-Highway Vehicle community and public lands access.