Discussed at this months phone conference meeting were; DR28 finals costs and registration launch, UFWDA Four Wheeler of the Year, Jeep Jamboree USA, Public Relations Updates, 2014 Calendar of Events, SFWDA Membership 2015Read More
SFWDA Board of Directors Update
March 21, 2014
Ladies and Gentlemen:
First thanks for your continued support and participation in the online meeting last evening. The following are notes from our discussions:
SFWDA BOD Meeting 04.21.2014 8:00 PM
Members: Ray Stanley, Wayne Hartford, Flint Holbrook, Doyle Punches, Walter Shafer, Jon Plaza, Gary Parsons, Roger Theuer
a.Jon Plaza reports we are very close to the completion of an association discount program with 4WD Parts and NAPA.
b.Rack Card and Counter Display progressing
4.Friends of Uwharrie Grant
a.Gravel project on target for completion late April/Early May
b.Chris Brower, CTB, lead contact and liaison
5.Helen, GA 2015 JeepFest
a.Meeting with Helen Business Council 04.22.2014
b.Offer SFWDA support
a.Club Update Status
b.Business Members – 12 + additions of Allsouth Autosports and NC 4x4
- SFWDA Grant Concept
- Discussion on the concept and implementation
- Motion to Approve: Roger Theurer Second: Flint Holbrook Unanimous Vote
- Prototype Projects
- Uwharrie National Forest, FOU - $3000 Gravel Access Roads Approved 03.17.2014 Timeline: April 2014
- The Flats, NC
- Report on visit 04.19.2014. SFWDA members at visit Ray Stanley, Griff Shirley, John Craven, Doyle Punches, Scott Fields
- Discussed an overview of the visit, findings and a potential path forward
- Approval to initiate discussions on a proposed project to develop a moderate trail within this property
- Beasley Knob, GA
- Discussions with GBR about potential projects
- Adventure Off-Road Park
- Discussions on a main access trail project
- Windrock Park
- Scheduling a May meeting to discuss Grant process and a role for SFWDA at Windrock
- SFWDA Membership 2015
- Broad discussion on challenges to grow club and individual membership
- Discussion on impacts of social media and the informal “groups” that represent a larger portion of the entry OHV segment
- Introduced a new strategy for consideration to engage all OHV enthusiast:
- SFWDA Club Memberships – Flat Cost Structure with defined benefits including 2 positions on SFWDA Leadership Council; access to SFWDA Grant Program; and access to SFWDA Insurance Program
- SFWDA Individual Memberships – Flat Cost per individual with a NET “$0” cost structure. Discounts to TrailFest and Dixie Run equaling cost of membership. 2015 discounts from key SFWDA Business Partners.
- SFWDA Premium Memberships - $50/Year memberships including direct representation through the SFWDA Leadership Council and a SFWDA Merchandise Package
- Reviewed economic impacts of this model and 2015 goals to achieve a positive growth trend for our association.
- Goals: Create a club and group cost structure with leadership representation on the SFWDA BOD; Incentivize Individual Members to support SFWDA; and Engage SFWDA Social Media and Web constituents.
- SFWDA Business Partners 2015 – Introduced a tiered business partner strategy
- All membership items are for discussion purposes as we develop a path forward. SFWDA BOD will have follow-up discussions with members at large, leadership and other interested parties before a final vote in June, 2014.
- SFWDA 2015 Calendar
- Discussion on a list of tentative events for 2015. Goal is to formalize calendar by June 2014 in order to plan appropriately for 2015.
- February, 2015 SFWDA Meet and Ride
- March, 2015 Helen JeepFest
- March, 2015 UORTC Jeep Jamboree
- April, 2015 4 Wheeling for a Cure/St. Jude
- April, 2015 GBR Mud 4 Blood
- April, 2015 Jeep Beach
- May, 2015 TrailFest
- May, 2015 SETLCA
- May, 2015 Damn Locals
- June, 2015 SFWDA Meet and Ride
- September, 2015 Crawl for the Kids JeepFest (Pickens County, GA)
- September, 2015 SFWDA Meet and Ride
- September, 2015 CTB Fun Caravan
- September, 2015 Dixie Run 29
- October, 2015 UORTC Jeep Jamboree
- December, 2015 SFWDA Annual Meeting, Leadership Council and Ride
- In addition, Flint Holbrook will have discussions with Jeep Jamboree USA about SFWDA presence at the TN Mountain; Cullman, AL; Cumberland, KY; and Uwharrie, NC events in 2015.
- SFWDA Future Business Action Items:
- Review and updating of association By-Laws
- Completion of Equipment Assessment
Again thanks to all for your participation. See everyone at TrailFest 2014.
The 2014 BOD held its 1st online meeting last evening, March 17, 2014. A review of organizational business and updates on TrailFest, the new web site introduction and development of a new, fresh public relations mass distribution piece were the first topics.
The second major initiative of the "New" SFWDA was reviewed and the BOD approved the development of a formalized process for the emerging SFWDA Grant program. Final details will be presented to our membership in about 30 days. Stay tuned please for the introduction of the grass roots driven initiative. This is your SFWDA association and we are what we do!
In conjunction with the SFWDA Grant program, the BOD approved the Uwharrie Access Road project as the initial prototype Grant Award. The project details are currently being finalized by CTB members, Friends of Uwharrie and the local National Forest management team. The scope details include addressing ongoing maintenance issues on the access roads to the Uwharrie National Forest including the spreading of 100+ tons of stone. The goal is to have this work complete before the Spring opening of the area and address concerns and needs of a broad range of user groups. More details will be shared as they become available.
Next SFWDA BOD Meeting - Monday, March 31, 2014 8:00 PM EST