Viewing entries in
Scott Fields Benefit Raffle sponsored by BFGoodrich Tires
Want to win a set of BFGoodrich Tires
5 Tires up to 37"!
$5 Raffle Tickets are being sold right now. Show your support for a good friend of the whole OHV Community especially here in the Southeast, and literally for decades now. Winner drawn live, June 23, 2018!
Scott Fields and family are in need of your support in this challenging moment. 100% of proceeds will go directly to the family.
Get your tickets at a local event near you.
BF Goodrich has donated a set of five tires to be raffled off in support of the Scott Fields Benefit effort. Raffle tickets will be available for just $5.00 each at the Scott Fields Benefit Ride, Carolina Beach Jeep Go Topless Day and Clemson 4Wheel Center Poker Run this weekend and other events until June 23 when the winning ticket will be drawn at the SFWDA Uwharrie Meet and Ride. You do not need to be present to win so buy a handful of tickets...
Scott Fields Benefit Ride
Hosted by Carolina Trail Blazers & True Patriot
Saturday, May 19th
Trail Riding * Camping * Raffle * Fund Raiser
Event Hosts True Patriot Inc and Carolina Trail Blazers welcome all to the Scott Fields Benefit Ride May 19th.
Camping is available for $10 per rig for Friday and Saturday for those wanting to ride in the forest, daily trail pass not included. Camping is included with a $50 donation for the private rides on Big Creek Rocks and Grand Overland District, Ledger Shoals. Rides will be organized by moderate and difficult to take driver experience and vehicle capability into consideration. All rides will leave the event center around 9:30 and return by 5. Lunch is not provided, however, Texalina BBQ will be on hand when the rides return to the events center.
The raffle will start at 6. Many thanks to Piedmont Performance Diesel & Off-Road for reaching out to MetalCloak and providing the complete install of either a Game Changer or Rock Sport lift kit; as well as Hi-Lift Jacks and Accessories, Root One Six Off Road, and Apex Overland for all of the awesome raffle items.
...UPDATE: thank you Rugged Ridge, Southeast Overland, and ARB for adding to the raffle!...
This event is only possible because of the phenomenal community that Scott is a cornerstone of who have come together on short notice to make this happen. He has greatly impacted the wheeling and veteran communities for many decades and we are honored to be able to do this for him. Scott is in a battle for his life against a rare cancer. All monies will go directly to Scott to cover medical costs, bills, and support his family. Please come out and support this event so all can show their love and appreciation for this great man.
Texalina BBQ on site Saturday!!
A $2,500 Grant was Awarded to "4 Wheeling for a Cure" to benefit St. Jude
on April 14, 2018 at
Windrock Park, Oliver Springs, TN
"Another great year for the books! We really appreciate all of the help for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital! $36,435!!!! Thank you to everyone who donated to, participated in, and attended our event. Your support means the world to us and the kids of St. Jude! "
- St. Jude Childrens Research Hospital
We have just launched registration for all of our 2018 Guided AOP Trails & Scenic Excursion Rides for Trailfest 2018. Please grab your spot now. We will leave this up and running until the 30th of April when all online tickets and pre-registration will cease. You can still register at the ride staging area during the event if spots are still open. We are limiting each group to just 15 rigs, for everyone's best interest. Don't wait, register for your rides now!
Check out the Full Schedule and more details about the rides on our ride info page.
In case you missed in the Fourth Annual Crawling for Reid event on Saturday, March 17th at Adventure Off-Road Park in South Pittsburg, TN. Many SFWDA members were in attendance and our President Mr. Ray Stanley presented this very special $2,500 grant to the event organizers and the Underwood family in support of the "Crawling for Reid" event. SFWDA can't express how much we love to support great causes like this one. We hope to do the same again next year, and maybe we'll see you there.
Overall we're told they had a very successful event with over 2000 people in the gates and $178,000 dollars raised for Reid Underwood and his Doctor’s (Dr. Jakub Tolar) research foundation at the University of Minnesota.
"This brings us one step closer to raising the money we need to cure the devastating disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). We could not have the success we did without the generous support and contributions from our vendors and off road organizations such as SFWDA. We are truly grateful to have you on our team and hope that you will continue to be a part of this growing off-road event. We have exciting plans for 2019 and are working hard to get your products in front of even more people in the off-road community. So, thank you again for partnering with us and we look forward to working with you again in 2019." - Bobby Underwood
Join us on Saturday, March 10th for the first SFWDA Meet & Ride of 2018.
We'll xplore this new privately owned
OHV park together.
In case you haven't heard there's fresh dirt to ride on, right here in our backyard!
Busted Knuckle Off Road Park, located just 45 miles from Chattanooga is privately owned and in part by a fellow off road enthusiast. BKORP already offers miles of well marked and mapped full size 4x4 trails. CartoTracks has already completed smart maps, so its super easy to navigate. Most of the park can be tackled by a stock Jeep. There are a few challenging rock obstacles and waterfalls which can be quite challenging for those who want to try them.
- On-site check in will open at 8:00 AM Central Standard Time
- Our SFWDA meeting will begin promptly at 9:00 AM
- Trail rides will begin by 10:00 AM and wrap up around 5-6 PM
- Admission for this special event is just $10 per person, payable by CASH only at the gate
- Kids 12 and under are always free!
The owners and staff from the park itself along with the local "Scenic City 4 Wheel Drive Club" of Chattanooga, TN will host the event and provide guided Trail Rides throughout "Busted Knuckle Off Road Park".
Haven't been yet? No worries, we've got you covered, with guided trail rides throughout the park.
Here is what the new BKORP is like?
Nestled in a cove just outside downtown Stevenson, sits Busted Knuckle Off Road Park. 600+ acres of classic North Alabama terrain. Rocky hills and rising hardwood benches cover the perimeter of the property with a long, open valley running through the center. We have a little of everything, from casual trails to the most extreme hill climbs in the Southeast. Located right on Highway 117, entrance and exit to BKORP is a breeze, even for semi trucks, with plenty of open area for parking. If you've never been here before, come see what all the fuss is about. If you have been here before, come check out the many new trails!
Primitive Camping is available on the park campground. You may arrive on Friday to setup camp and depart on Sunday if you prefer.
Busted Knuckle Off Road Park
17376 AL HIGHWAY 117
Stevenson, Alabama 35772
CartoTracks has just created a brand new, GPS-enabled smart map of the park!
Click on the map image to take you to CartoTracks where you can get the new Hale Mountain map that will work on your smartphone, tablet, or iPad without cell signal but show you a blue dot indicating your location on the map.
SFWDA Member Discount of 15% off when you use your promo coupon code at checkout. (See Member Rewards)
Our fresh new "SFWDA Trailfest 2018 - 15th Annual", T-Shirt's are looking sharp! Pre-Order online today and guarantee yours.
Our designers have whipped another killer new graphic for our upcoming 15th Annual Trailfest event.
We hope everyone likes it, and we suspect most will. Be sure to order your shirt online (Tickets & Registration Page) before it's too late.
This will be a two sided multi-color print on a super soft, ring spun cotton material in heather cardinal red shirt with a distressed graphic on back and a coordinating SFWDA logo on the front.
Sizes from S-3XL
A very limited supply will be available on-hand during the event,
and those usually go really quick.
Just $20 - all sizes
What's your Association been up to.......
SFWDA Membership Status
- Membership overall is up over 10% on a year to year bases.
- Active club members: 2018 / up 16%
- Individual members 375 / Premium members 223
- Clubs 36/ up 12.5%
- Business members: 62 /up 19.2%
Social Media (Dec. 2017)
- Facebook Group: 7,006 / up 13%
- Facebook Page 1,000 Likes + since mid 2017 inception
- 500+ followers for Instagram
- 300 followers on Twitter
Third party awards for BOD Members
- UFWDA Four-Wheeler of the Year Award: Flint Holbrook
- ORBA/SEMA Recognition Award for Outstanding Commitment: Walter Shafer and Pete Mier
Regional Land Use Updates
Brent Galloway: WindRock – state of park activities
- Additional cabins to be built on WR land and within the next 2 months online reservation will be available.
- Building new parking lot next to T2- will be open for special events.
- WRP be getting into the concert business. Spring 2018 will be timeframe of first event.
- Currently has a Shooting range- shoot your own or rent.
- A new restaurant on site: WR Grill
- WR Bike Park- leased area for a prof mountain cyclist. WR is diversifying.
- WR ATV Club is involved with trail systems since inception. Disbanding at end of year.
DBBB Mountain Springs Rd Update:
- Another hearing schedule on December 6. We are trying to show 15 years of public use of roads.
- Goal to move forward to receive from the court system a Summary Judgement by Feb 2018.
New dialogues about the Blackwater Watershed.
- Aaron Roddy- Carburetor Hill update:
- Early this year Forrest Service has closed it to OHV traffic due to landslide.
- Next few years to start process to do a land swap with the Forest Service and County.
Uwharrie National Forest update: updates by Flint Holbrook and Ray Stanley
- New District Ranger Michael Spisak
- USFS approved Interpretive OHV Trail system developed by Tread Lightly, 4Wheel Parts and Path Less Traveled, Inc.
- Construction of expansion of Baldwin Lake Trail starting mid-December and will be RTP funding.
Beasley Knob OHV
- GBR GA RTP grant complete. The ongoing maintenance continues.
- Problem area at Nicholson Gap, the potential solution may be re-route.
- GBR proposed adding camping to Satterfield Station area.
- Jay Bird discussed new Rock Garden at Beasley Knob.
Tennessee Commissioner’s Council on Greenways and Trails
- Update provided by Bob Yarbrough:
- Things are more positive than in years past.
- Currently in the planning stage which includes the study and surveys of OHV usage
NFS Region 8 Southern Region Recreations Resource Advisory committee
- Ray Stanley has seat on committee
- First meeting was elections, setting up structure and by-laws.
South Carolina Recreation Trail Program
- Updates provided by Flint Holbrook
- Rebecca Smith is the point of contact.
- Trick N Traction looking for RTP grant to provide help to land area.
GA Recreation Trail Program Ken Sutz GA RTP committee
- Completed a 2year cycle for RTP grant funds.
- Estimating roughly 2million dollars available for motorized RTP grant funds.
- Pre-application phase in progress and Phase 2 scheduled to commence April 2018
- GA NR Projects for 2017
- Conassuga Ranger district OHV trail Maintenance $70K
- Bush Head Shoals State ATV Park $1.1M ATV project
Proposal had public resistance with NEPA issues; the project was not approved.
- GA DNR Projects for 2018, preliminary $2M to develop OHV trails.
Overview on Land Use:
Adventure Off Road Park:
- change of ownership in 2017
- Committed to hosting Trailfest May 3-6 2018
- Troy discussed conversations with Shawn and his continued commitment to the AOP.
Big Creek Rocks LLC Uwharrie NC
- Mapping by Cartotracks/ campsites built / entrance gate and fencing installed / road repaired and shelter pad rocked.
Busted Knuckle Off-Road Park, Stevenson AL
- Monitor progress of BKOR / hosting SFWDA M&R March 3, 2018
Coalmount TN Southern Gulf Off Road Park:
- Roger Theurer provided status of construction.
- TN RTP grant – purchased 1340 acres with an additional RTP grant for Construction
- Started the project in 2010; $528K construction grant coming in.
- Will need volunteers to help complete this park.
- Will be requesting SFWDA grant to help maintain water issues and road access.
- Target is to open in end of year 2018.
Golden Mountain Park – Sparta Tn
- Property is for sale and was reclassified for tax purposes.
- GMP loss significant monies in recent periods.
- DR31 & DR32 on GMP calendar, but no firm commitment if property sells.
- Review findings of Event Planning Committee in the 2018 SFWDA calendar building portion of meeting. SFWDA will continue to monitor progress of any potential investors.
Tread Lightly updates
Al Sweeney: Master Trainer Regional training projected schedule
- July in Troy NC
- November in Greenville SC
- Support of UNF Interpretive trail and SFWDA Educational Initiatives
- Membership discussion on cost, time and requirements for having a Master Training Class with individual clubs in the Southeastern area.
ORBA and UFWDA
- ORBA association of motorized offroad related businesses formed to promote and preserve off road recreation.
- One Voice: explanation of the purpose and what is stands for “one voice to our government leaders”
2018 Grant opportunities:
- Regional Tread Lightly Training
- Educational Videos
- Organizational Support
- Charity Contributions
- UNF Mapping Project
2018 Organization support
- Grant request to continue annual commitment to $1K each to TreadLightly, UFWDA, ORBA, and BRC
- Grant request to donate $2500 each charity Crawling for Reid and 4 wheeling for a Cure
UNF Interpretive Trail System Project
- Scope: create printable map of 173 miles in UNFTS which includes OHV, hiking, mountain bike, horse back and Kayaking trails. Key part of Treadlightly interpretive trail project.
- Start Dec 2017 / projected complete date May 2018
- Total cost $10,954 / Carolina Beach Jeep Go Topless contributing $5954/4 Wheels Parts $10,000
- Approved $5K SFWDA grant to help support