Everyone in SFWDA should know about a recent program launched at Extreme
Terrain which strives to give back to the off-road/OHV community. They contacted us to share and promote this among our association members. The "Clean
Trail Grant Program" will provide a $350 grant and trash bags to eligible
clubs/organizations to be used towards a trail improvement or a cleanup
project. Most of us in SFWDA clubs are already meeting the requirements and this grant money could be used for a variety of things like a new group chainsaw, a big ole' lunch spread lunch on the trail for volunteers, or whatever else would help to facilitate a successful trail conservation or cleanup project.
In order to be considered, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Organize or belong to a Wrangler/4x4 group/club with more than 5 members
- Own or work at a private or public off-road park
(Individual Club delegates just need approval from park ownership)
- Organize or belong to an OHV Organization with more than 5 members
- Proof of your affiliation with organization/club/park
- Must provide digital photo of trail improvement project
Action shots of volunteers preferred!
- Completion of application form
- Organization's are eligible once per year up to two years
- Sign the eligibility waiver
Grant should be used for the following:
- Tools needed for trail cleaning/restoration/expansion
- Food and non-alcoholic beverage for all volunteers
- Promotional materials used to attract volunteers
- Miscellaneous trail improvement expenses
It's pretty straight forward and easy to apply. Follow the link to Extremeterrain.com below to sign up.
$350 Grant Sign-up: