Guided Rides Signup - Trailfest 2017
These rides are only for those who have already registered to attend the event. You can signup for all Guided Trail Rides, both inside AOP, and our Excursion Rides. There is no additional cost to sign up for guided rides, and we encourage you to book early if you are interested ad we expect these slots to all fill up before the event begins.
We are again offering several Ladies Only Rides. Those registered online will be offered a free shirt for this part of the event. Ladies rides will be split into the same two levels of difficulty as listed below.
Easy Moderate Trail Routes:
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Safety Belts, First Aid Kit, Fire Extingusher, Secure Battery, REQUIRED OHV EQUIPMENT, Transfer Case, All Terrain Tires, Recovery Points
Everyday rigs are highly encouraged to join. Routes will be mostly easier trails, and only those which everyone in the group can traverse.
Advanced Moderate Trail Routes:
All Basic Safety & OHV Equipment As Required of Easy Moderate Tralls
ADVANCED OHV EQUIPMENT:Winch, Lockers, Recovery Gear, Roll Cage
This group will tackle more challenging terrain. Routes will be more challenging, but still capable of everyone in the group. Body damage may be possible, and a roll cage is required.
Scenic Excursion Trail Routes:
Safety Belts, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher,Secure Battery, DOT Registered Vehicle
Everyday rigs are highly encouraged to join. Most of the route will be on asphalt yet there may be some very mild off road trails. We will as a group travel to scenic destinations around the local area. Travel up to 100 miles round trip and visit landmarks, waterfalls, overlooks, and more.
Things to know about our Guided Trail & Excursion Rides:
- Tread Lightly! principles will be observed at all times.
- You're welcome to ride along on and participate in as many guided trail rides as you wish.
- Trial Routes have been carefully pre-determined and should be suitable for rigs based on the categories described for each group.
- Each group will have a brief drivers meeting before departure to become acclimated with the planned route and debrief on all safety, and communications, along with best practices when riding in groups.
- CB Radios are suggested but not required. We encourage good radio communication and groups will be on a designated channel.
- Each Guided Trail Ride through AOP is approximately 2-3 hours long
- Excursion Rides are approximately 4-5 hours long.
- Every Guided Route will include at minimum One Trail Guide and One Tail Gunner.
- Our goal is to depart each guided trip with no more than approximately 15 rigs per total. We can and will split rides into multiple groups to accommodate everyone and the trail system itself for maximum efficiency.
- A brief drivers meeting with all participants will commence 15 minutes before each scheduled departure time. You must arrive on time!
- In the South rain is a weather factor which can elevate the difficulty rating of some trails as much as one whole level higher on average.
- While each route category has a few different levels of basic requirements, most would benefit from use of some additional suggested equipment. While you want to be prepared you also don't be to be overloaded; CB Radio, Tool Kit, Spare Tire, Tire Patch Kit, and some common spare parts are all suggested equipment to have on-board.