Viewing entries tagged
We have just launched registration for all of our 2018 Guided AOP Trails & Scenic Excursion Rides for Trailfest 2018. Please grab your spot now. We will leave this up and running until the 30th of April when all online tickets and pre-registration will cease. You can still register at the ride staging area during the event if spots are still open. We are limiting each group to just 15 rigs, for everyone's best interest. Don't wait, register for your rides now!
Check out the Full Schedule and more details about the rides on our ride info page.
How about a visit on top of a rare Natural Bridge, or drive through a very historic institution they call “The University of the South”, or maybe better yet a cave so cool it's a true National Monument and where artifacts have been found dating back to some of the earliest human occurrences in North America. That's just the half of it! We also have a spectacular "Waterfalls Tour" route too!
Thanks our new SFWDA Vice President Kevin Woods for mapping this route out in advance for us. Full details coming soon but here is a sneak peek at what you can expect. The goal was to highlight some of the beauty and charm this great area has to offer for folks attending Trailfest. Let us show you around a few highlights of the area.
These guided SFWDA Excursion Rides are intended for folks with street legal rigs and/or daily drivers who still love the experience of the comradery, getting outdoors, and enjoying nature, but don't need to hit the black diamond trails to have a good time. Whether it's in the dirt, or on the parkway, its all about getting out exploring and enjoying nature.
Be sure to register online now so your ready to book your guided ride when the slots open up. This is going to be beautiful! https://www.sfwda.org/trailfest/
Edited 3/30 - Sign Up's are now open. Go to the Guided Rides Sign Up Page to join us before all spots are filled.
TrailFest 2017 Volunteer Sign Up's are now open as we're hoping you will pitch in a couple spare hours to volunteer for something.
But have you ever wondered; " Why do I attend SFWDA events "?
How about..........4 days and nights worth of some amazing off road trails and rocks. Camping with hot showers and bath facilities. Dinner on Saturday night from a variety of food trucks. Free riding, guided trails, excursions, and as much fun as you can handle is also included in your admission.
Most importantly though you're supporting a core mission that benefits us all, to effectively preserve OHV trail access in the Southeast region and educate others to make sure our sport thrives on. It's what we do, and that is why we do it. Now, we need your support to make this event a success!
Sign Up Today & Learn More.....
Guided Rides Signup - Trailfest 2017
These rides are only for those who have already registered to attend the event. You can signup for all Guided Trail Rides, both inside AOP, and our Excursion Rides. There is no additional cost to sign up for guided rides, and we encourage you to book early if you are interested ad we expect these slots to all fill up before the event begins.
We are again offering several Ladies Only Rides. Those registered online will be offered a free shirt for this part of the event. Ladies rides will be split into the same two levels of difficulty as listed below.
Easy Moderate Trail Routes:
REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
Safety Belts, First Aid Kit, Fire Extingusher, Secure Battery, REQUIRED OHV EQUIPMENT, Transfer Case, All Terrain Tires, Recovery Points
Everyday rigs are highly encouraged to join. Routes will be mostly easier trails, and only those which everyone in the group can traverse.
Advanced Moderate Trail Routes:
All Basic Safety & OHV Equipment As Required of Easy Moderate Tralls
ADVANCED OHV EQUIPMENT:Winch, Lockers, Recovery Gear, Roll Cage
This group will tackle more challenging terrain. Routes will be more challenging, but still capable of everyone in the group. Body damage may be possible, and a roll cage is required.
Scenic Excursion Trail Routes:
Safety Belts, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher,Secure Battery, DOT Registered Vehicle
Everyday rigs are highly encouraged to join. Most of the route will be on asphalt yet there may be some very mild off road trails. We will as a group travel to scenic destinations around the local area. Travel up to 100 miles round trip and visit landmarks, waterfalls, overlooks, and more.
Things to know about our Guided Trail & Excursion Rides:
- Tread Lightly! principles will be observed at all times.
- You're welcome to ride along on and participate in as many guided trail rides as you wish.
- Trial Routes have been carefully pre-determined and should be suitable for rigs based on the categories described for each group.
- Each group will have a brief drivers meeting before departure to become acclimated with the planned route and debrief on all safety, and communications, along with best practices when riding in groups.
- CB Radios are suggested but not required. We encourage good radio communication and groups will be on a designated channel.
- Each Guided Trail Ride through AOP is approximately 2-3 hours long
- Excursion Rides are approximately 4-5 hours long.
- Every Guided Route will include at minimum One Trail Guide and One Tail Gunner.
- Our goal is to depart each guided trip with no more than approximately 15 rigs per total. We can and will split rides into multiple groups to accommodate everyone and the trail system itself for maximum efficiency.
- A brief drivers meeting with all participants will commence 15 minutes before each scheduled departure time. You must arrive on time!
- In the South rain is a weather factor which can elevate the difficulty rating of some trails as much as one whole level higher on average.
- While each route category has a few different levels of basic requirements, most would benefit from use of some additional suggested equipment. While you want to be prepared you also don't be to be overloaded; CB Radio, Tool Kit, Spare Tire, Tire Patch Kit, and some common spare parts are all suggested equipment to have on-board.
Our 14th Annual Trailfest 2017 ticket sales are about to launch. Be sure to book early to increase your chance to win a winch!
Our streamlined new Trailfest 2017 Registration is setup, has been tested, and is ready to launch.
Live Friday morning; (1-20-17) at 8am Eastern.
Before that happens I wanted everyone to know we have a really special prize to give away from our friends at Warn, but it will only be offered to those who register online.
With our Ticket Multiplier this year the earlier you book the better your odds of winning.
Warn Industries has graciously contributed a brand new shiny WARN® ZEON® 10-S Winch kit. Thats one of their top winches with a 10,000 lb rating, complete with remote, 100' of synthetic cable, aluminumm fairlead, hook and all.
These exclusive Warn Raffle Tickets will be distributed with your ticket purchase to each paid driver admission purchased online;
4x tickets to first 50, 3x to first 100, and 2x to first 200, and 1x for all the rest online.
There is no way to buy these tickets and they will not be available at the event, so register online and do it early.
Stay tuned for more details....https://www.sfwda.org/trailfest
Here's a list of just some of the fun in store at this years TrailFest 2017
- Expanded New trails inside of AOP.
- Expanded Guided Trail & Excursion rides with new destinations and an expanded schedule.
- New & Enhanced Education Seminars & Demos will be back on a limited availability.
- Exclusive Early Registrant prizes will be awarded separate of all other raffle prizes to one of only the advanced event registrants. (No additional purchase necessary)
- Test your Skills on the new Expanded Obstacle Course / Dirt Track with added Technical Obstacles creating a more challenging opportunity still manageable for all vehicles.
- Timed Uphill Multi-Class Challenge ( Southern Shootout) will be back again bigger and better. Everyone can have a shot against the clock up the hill. Bring what you got and compete among your equal level rig to win the trophy.
- Expedient Raffle Awards (buckets) with more amazing prizes from Top brands and Sponsors.
- More Food Vendors, including more options, more efficient.
- More details are in development, but it's planned to be the biggest and best ever TrailFest event.
Registration Coming Soon......
* SEEKING EVENT VOLUNTEERS *
* WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT ! *
Would you like to be part of the team that makes TrailFest a success?
Please consider volunteering for at least one of the shifts and spots you desire.
Both groups, and individuals are needed. From merchandise sales, and registration, to tech inspection, and trail guides. It takes a large team of volunteers to make this event happen!
To show our appreciation, each volunteer will receive a free "Volunteer Only - TrailFest 2016 Event Staff T-Shirt", along with a secret special prize to be awarded during announcements Saturday evening.
Whether you're an old school veteran with SFWDA, or this is your first event, it's all good. There's something for everyone. Whether your part of a team, a family, or an individual; everyone can help out. Each volunteer spot is broken down into specific time slots, and are explained in detail within.
Warn Winch & Clemson 4WD Center are together donating a Brand New Warn Zeon 10K-S Winch for TrailFest 2016!
Register Now for TrailFest 2016
and you could
WIN THIS WINCH !
WARN® ZEON® 10-S
10,000 lbs. of cutting-edge pulling muscle
Choose your way to conquer the terrain. The ZEON 10-S is tough enough to tackle anything you will, with a look that is advanced, capable and strong. Muck-busting sealing keeps out everything but the good times. Add a hyper-durable cast-aluminum housing, satin-black finish, and 10,000 lbs. single-line pulling capacity and, well, you've got a workhorse unit you can trust for years to come. https://www.warn.com/truck/winches/ZEON_10-S.shtml
THANK YOU BOTH!
Warn Winch & Clemson 4WD Center are together donating a Brand New Warn Winch to be raffled off at TrailFest 2016.
How do you I qualify?
As part of an exclusive raffle feature this year all individuals who register in advance and online for TF'16 will be automatically entered into this exclusive raffle. No additional purchase necessary!
Thank You for supporting SFWDA!! Please be sure to remember these brand names during your next purchase. Support like this is what enable to be effective at our core mission.
Why Shop Clemson 4WD Center?
- Experience. In the off-road equipment business since 1970. Thats 44 years of serving upstate South Carolina!
- More Experience. Our employees are also off-road enthusiasts. We actually go out and use the stuff we sell.
- Customer service. Some of the other guys have phone operators, but you can rest assured that we have knowledgeable staff.
- Product service. We install & service the products we sell.
Help support the core mission of SFWDA - Conservation * Education * Recreation. In just two weeks on May 1-3 when Southern Four Wheel Drive takes over Adventure Off Road Park. We're a non-profit organization which operate from funding at events like this which are used to preserve trail access, promote trail stewardship, and to educate the OHV community as a whole on best practices off road. This Trailfest event is going to be bigger and better than ever.